Friday, February 11, 2005

lunch with mentors

I had lunch with my two mentors and bosses today, namely my senior pastor of CCBC and director of WTA. The meeting had been set to talk about my ministry direction for 2005, and beyond. Since I graduated from Tabor in 2003, I had been working as creative arts coordinator and mission mobilizer in these two organizations. However, towards the end of last year, I realized that it all got a bit too much, and I should only focus on one work.

After heaps of prayer and discussion with people and my two mentors, I decided to focus on World Team Australia http://www.worldteam.org where I (together with my team mates) will organise regular ‘focus’ mission nights, put together power point, video or dvd materials, presenting in various bible colleges, Christian groups at universities, youth groups and churches etc, where we will share the mission needs of the unreached people groups of the world, coordinate short term mission trips and pre-trip training, explore possibilities of new church plants in Australia and globally, caring and praying for potential missionaries here in Australia. My work sounds really busy doesn’t it? But what a joy to be busy and (hopefully) productive in such a wonderful mission! I am very excited about this task, and I feel privileged to be participating in the Great Commission of the Lord.

If you would like to speak with me more on the details of my work as a mission mobilizer with WTA, or want to get involved in mission, I would love to chat with you. Just email me or put a comment here :)

No comments: