Thursday, March 17, 2005

Bring Your Own Worship - "Home"

Last night at Living Room we had a great BYO Worship night. Each of us was invited to bring a small reflection, story, activity, meditation or anything personal to share with the group on the theme of ‘Home’. We were fasting during the night so didn't have the normal dinner time.

It was really special and interesting to see the various things that people brought to the group. Amongst many things we did on the night, there were sharing of songs, photos, toy, visitor's book, quotes, scriptural verses, memories, discussions, filling out of a form, personal journey with God & family life etc.

To me personally, it was one of the most empowering worship experiences I have ever had. In the midst of the sharing, we had a wonderful time of prayers and silence. I felt that I got to know other members of the group a little deeper, and also experienced a very intimate relationship and worship time with God. I sensed the presence of the Holy Spirit in this BYO Worship night so vividly, and He surely spoke powerfully to me on the topic of "Home". And I feel very blessed to be a person with a home, most importantly I have an eternal 'home' in heaven.

"..... what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives , as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness."
(2 Peter 3:11-13)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Kitty-

That sounds so so wonderful! It's interesting that you're part of Living Room, as I've been reading Darren's blog off and on for quite a while :) I long for a similar community.

Thanks so much for dropping me a note! I'll be back :)
-Biscotti Brain