Saturday, March 05, 2005

Tabor Bible College Graduation Ceremony

Today I attended the Tabor Graduation Ceremony where more than 20 of my friends graduated (what a joyful day!). Amongst the many happy moments, one that inspired me a lot was the graduands' charge (which I was given when I graduated from my mission studies degree last year at Tabor too). The Charge goes like this:

in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his Kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the Word: be prepared in season and out of season: correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction. For there will come a time when people will not put up with sound doctrine. But as for you, be clear minded in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry (2 Tim 4:1-3,5).

The Response goes like this:

I commit above all to seek His presence and to pursue an ever closer and deeper relationship with Jesus Christ my Lord, and to continue to faithfully follow Him and, relying upon Him and the empowering of the Holy Spirit, to faithfully discharge whatever duties of ministry and service He may call me to.

Amen amen amen amen....that's my prayer and my heart!

So what do you think of this charge?

No comments: