Friday, June 03, 2005

Schapelle Corby

Having watched the news footages of Schapelle Corby, who was found guilty of drug smuggling and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment in Indonesia last Friday (27 May), I have been thinking about it this past week. I must admit I don't know whether Schapelle is really guilty or not, yet I have this huge 'burden' in my heart to want to know the truth (just like I want to know the truth in many other things)!

On the other hand, I feel that the debate over her verdict very interesting. A lot of people (including myself in the beginning) declare her innocence without really knowing the truth, they just assume she is innocent based on the fact that she looks innocent (well that was my first impression anyway), or the emotions that she showed in the court.

I do pray that her newfound faith in God during her time in prision is sincere. Something I'll watch with interest as well....

Pilate's question: "what is truth?" keeps coming to my mind these past few days! As I've found that I feel ambivalent about many things lately, apart from Corby's case.

Interested in others' thoughts.

No comments: