Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Foot Of The Cross

Since I became a Christian at the age of 10, the expression of 'at the foot of the cross' always has a special meaning to me. This morning I was rushing to work, and found myself lacking time to reflect. I rushed through the whole day, and found myself working very unproductively.

When I got home from work, I felt extremely tired (probably jet-lag was still there). The funny thing was after I spent time with the Lord 'at the foot of the cross' by praying, crying out to HIM and reading His Word and listening to HIM, I actually felt much more refreshed!

I met Jesus at the foot of the cross. When I was bound by sin;
Jesus met me, cleansed my heart of its dross,He gave sweet peace within.

I met Jesus at the foot of the cross, I met Jesus at the foot of the cross;All my sins were washed away;Sin’s dark night turned into dayWhen I met Jesus at the foot of the cross.


I found pardon at the foot of the cross,Forgiveness full and free;Now I love Him only, all else is loss,His grace availed for me.

I met Jesus when I needed Him most,Despair possessed my soul;I was under condemnation and lost,When Jesus made me whole.


***Words & Music: Ro­bert Hark­ness, cir­ca 1922***


1 comment:

robert said...

Thanks for posting Robert Harkness's fine gospel song. To learn a bit more about him you can check out my blog for today at Wordwise Hymns.