Thursday, July 07, 2005

I had what John the Baptist had


Me eating deeped-fried scorpions (locusts) in China :-)

"In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea and saying, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: A voice of one calling in the desert, Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him. John's clothes were made of camel's hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey. " Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shy said...

I have had the same but in Canton
during one of my trips there but what I had was a live one simply dunked into some chinese hard liquor..was reluctant initially but after some coaxing from my business contacts there.., to my horrors,it was still moving even after dunking into the liquor for abt 5 minutes..hahaha I popped one into my mouth anyway..well, I think the big deep fried black bugs tasted better tho...lol..that was my first time trying both the scorpion and bug...was a good experience tho..!!

Kitty Cheng said...

LOL. scorpion in liquor....i thought i was game!!