Saturday, July 30, 2005

Missio Dei

Carl Raschke says, “At the end of theology, we must all get on our faces.” I have been thinking a lot about theology / missiology lately. I think theology and missiology are very much related and connected together. Missio Dei, God's mission and God’s activity in the world and its structures independently of the church is the extension of God’s love, compassion and grace to a needy world. God is in control of the development of history and the centre of theology.

The idea of Missio Dei gives me the conviction that my whole life is God’s and there is no division into sacred and secular. When I engage in mission, God’s mission should be what I focus on, as only in the hands of the sending God can it truly be called mission.

What do you reckon?

No comments: