Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Outer Journey

Tonight at our LivingRoom gathering we explored and shared our outer journey (ways in which we connect with our World). It involves a commitment to encourage and resource members on a journey of service, justice and mission to others. LivingRoom seeks to both provide opportunities for corporate mission and to support and resource individuals in their own daily mission. We seek to keep in balance our call to be counter cultural but also Incarnational and Relational in our outward journey.

Each of us shared about our own outer journey. I shared about my three parts, which include global (through my involvement as a mission mobilizer with World Team), local (through my involvement in creative arts and other arts endeavours), and personal (through my contact with the people in my community, and my friends). Other members talked about their journey of service, justice and mission through work, arts, hospitality, community, friendship, sports, etc.

It was very interesting and everyone was assured that the group would encourage and support one another's outer journey. I enjoyed it as I got to know other members of the community's ways of connecting the world. We also had a time of prayer especially for one of the members as she is going through some tough time with the illness of her dad.

May the Lord bless us as we continue exploring and journeying lives together in LR.

No comments: