Thursday, September 22, 2005

he/she/it @ Melbourne Fringe Festival


he/she/it @ Melbourne Fringe Festival

'Boys and girls, the gloves are on! The battle of the sexes has never looked uglier...Join us ringside to watch corporate supermen and wonderwomen strut their stuff and engage each other in a battle of egos for three rounds.'

he/she/it at the Melbourne Fringe Festival
is a serious comedy about being a he, being a she, and what it is all about. This show talks about the brokenness of the sexes and the dysfunctional relationships that result.

The director of this show is a good friend of mine, so even though I am pretty busy this month, I've agreed to help him with front of house service with ticket box and at the bar without hesitation when he invited me to do so. The other reason is that he told me he/she/it is essential training for anyone considering engaging for a bout or three with the opposite sex. Of course I didn't want to miss it :-)

Well tonight was the open night for he/she/it. I am really glad I went. Apart from being able to serve the community of Candlelight Productions, I was also able to catch up with some of the friends that I met at Ignition. It was so cool to be around a large group of talented and committed people who are all so into performing arts, acting, writing, directing, multi-media, DVD production, audio-visual and events management etc. I am so glad to be part of this community.

The show was excellent (I got to see it during rehearsal, as well as in between serving in the front of house). It was really moving, the acting was simply superb, the script was so well written, and the whole crew was very professional and powerful. As one of the people said, "I was almost in tears." And I can certainly relate to that!

So if you are in Melbourne or Victoria, I would highly recommend that you take part in the Melbourne Fringe Festival, especially he/she/it.

LISTING INFORMATION
Venue: The Open Stage, Melbourne University, 757 Swanston St, Parkville VIC 3010
Dates: 22 September – 8 October (Thursday – Saturday 8pm, Saturday matinee 4pm)
Tickets: $18.00 adult/$14.00 conc/$12.50 groups of 6+. 2 for 1 tickets on opening night & matinees
Times: 08:00pm (10:30pm finish), Matinees 04:00pm (6:30pm finish)
Bookings: www.melbournefringe.com.au or 8412 8777
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Andi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andi said...

I think that sometimes it is very hard for people to remember that men & women think and act differently...no matter how much "Men are from Mars & Women are from Venus" you have read, it can be hard to keep this in mind during daily interactions.

I see a lot of men & women "jokingly" insulting their spouses. They are "just kidding". I think that, at some level, this hurts.

Kitty Cheng said...

I agree that it's not easy for men and women to remember / know that they are very different. That's why we all need to learn. he/she/it gave me some good insights, it's a pity that you are in the States and not in Oz - otherwise I am sure you will appreciate this show.

Anonymous said...

i've watched he/she/it and i loved it. thanks for recommending kitty. ross

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think I just found a valuable resource in your blog. I'm just getting started with web sites, if you get a chance, can you maybe take a look at mine. It's kind of a second effort first mortgage site located at first mortgage . I know I can do better with practice. Again, love this site!!