Sunday, August 27, 2006

Everyone Needs Someone

A good friend sent me the following poem from Helen Steiner Rice which really moved me, and I'd like to share with you:

People need people and friends need friends
And we all need love for a full life depends
Not on vast riches or great acclaim,
Not on success or on worldly fame,
But just in knowing that someone cares
And holds us close in their thoughts and prayers-
For only the knowledge that we're understood
Makes everyday living feel wonderfully good,
And we rob ourselves of life's greatest need

When we "lock up our hearts" and fail to heed
The outstretched hand reaching to find
A kindred spirit whose heart and mind
Are lonely and longing to somehow share
Our joys and sorrows and to make us aware
That life's completeness and richness depends
On the things we share with our loved ones and friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I fully agree that everyone needs friends. Knowing someone cares indeed give us great energy. A good friend worths a million pounds.

Kitty Cheng said...

Amen! Simon, you know I care about you a lot brother :) Hope that gives you great energy!

Lots of love to you dear!

Godwyn Lim said...

Sister Kitty, what a Godincidence, I just wrote a new entry on loneliness! My younger sister was admitted to hospital, quite a rough week for me.

Check out my blog where I wrote them when you are free:-) God Bless

audrey` said...

YESSSSS!
Everyone needs someone.
It's so important to know that someone cares for us. Someone who accepts us as we're. Someone who is there for us at all times.
A true friend is THE BEST BLESSING from our Lord.
Thank you so much, sister :)

Kitty Cheng said...

Brother Godwyn, your entry on loneliness is really touching, will keep praying for you and your sister. Remember you are never lonely, because you have Jesus our Lord amen?!

Kitty Cheng said...

Audrey, Thank YOU, you are a blessing to me my dear sis!