Friday, December 01, 2006

Ever After

I watched the DVD "Ever After" on Wednesday, which was a birthday gift for me. "Ever After", starring Drew Barrymore, and Anjelica Huston, was a modern day story of "Cinderella". The movie talks about the life of a bright, beautiful, and independent young woman Danielle (Drew Barrymore), who loves reading books (especially Utopia, the book that her beloved father gave to her before he died suddenly).

What attracted me most about Danielle was her intelligence, perserverance, and an unquenchable spirit with self respect, even in difficult environment (ill-treated by her stepmother and stepsister, as the servantmaid). She offers a good role for today's girls. I myself also aspire to her. "Ever After" is also a wonderful love story. Its theme of true love triumphing over huge obstacles is so touching, and that is something I strongly believe as well!

I had a great evening celebrating D's and my birthday watching this wonderful film.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll find a dvd of that here too. sounds interesting.

Sabrina Woon said...

The movie sounds interesting. Can I borrow it when I come back?

Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Pia, yes it's an interesting, encouraging and romantic film. Let me know what you think after you've watched it:)

Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Sabrina, sure you can borrow the dvd when you come back dear.

fletchboy said...

Yep. Classic stuff! Ever After definitely ranks in the "Top 10" in our household. I don't know that I would call it a "modern-day" Cinderella though... Wrong era to be a "modern-day" version. ;-) Definitely worth putting on your shelf if you have a penchant for chick-flicks with a message. :-) Right up there beside "Princess Bride" on the Top-10 list. Find a copy and enjoy! :-) ...umm....don't tell me you haven't seen Princess Bride yet?! GET IT!

Greg

Kitty Cheng said...

Greg, no I haven't watched "Princess Bride", and will certainly GET IT one of these days ;)

audrey` said...

Great!
You had a fantabulous time, Kitty =)

Kitty Cheng said...

Thanks Audrey, I have been catching up with relatives and friends that i hadn't seen for a while, and it's simply good to spend time with them.