Friday, June 01, 2007

Marketing

George Silverman, author & marketing expert said, "Marketing is not something you do to people, it’s something you do for people. Marketing is the service of helping people make the best possible decision."

I find this quote meaningful. I love it and what it stands for. As a marketer, I love to help others to make best possible decisions. I believe that the term "marketing" isn’t just for marketers. It’s a part of our everyday lives. We are all marketers on some level; whether we are selling our ideas to our school or work board, local church or in front of a group at our office, the truth is, virtually every interaction we have has an element of marketing. The only marketing that works effectively is that which helps people make informed decisions.

What do you think?

8 comments:

Kc said...

I agree Kitty. Inform the buyer and let the "product" sell itself. ;-)

Corry said...

What Kc said!

Have a great weekend dear sister, filled with many blessings.

God's Grace.

Kitty Cheng said...

Kc,sooo true. I believe that a marketer is a messenger.

Hey a question for you Kc, do you think we as Christians are 'marketers' for the gospel? I have been having discussion with some friends about this, and I'd love to know your take on this.

Kitty Cheng said...

Thank you Corry! You have an awesome weekend too dear sis! Love you :)

Kc said...

Sis, given your present perspective on marketing I would say you are safe in perceiving us as marketing the Gospel. If you argue this perspective with someone who opposes it I think eventually you will get down to “the Great Debate” concerning who can be saved. Those of us who understand God as requiring that we make a choice in what we believe have no problem with this perspective. Those who hold to double-predestination consider this perspective an affront to God’s sovereignty.

In either event I think it important to keep in mind that it is God who saves and we can only inform others concerning His plan. With the marketing perspective in mind we would say only He can initiate any negotiations and it is His Spirit alone that “closes” the deal. ;-)

Kitty Cheng said...

Kc, you're sooo wise. I agree totally on your perspective. I am sure that only God's Spirit can 'close' any deal!!

audrey` said...

A post on my birthdate =)
HeHe!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kitty,

Your blog is very good!
I really liked what you wrote about Marketing.

May God bless you always.

Wilson Jr.