Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 19 Challenge - Decluttering

“Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” -William Morris

After a busy weekend, I came home realising that I have quite a lot of things lying around that are taking up space but has no real purpose, or that I hardly ever use.
I believe that our environment has a considerable impact on us – our state, our level of productivity, our frame of mind. Every time I clear clutter in my house / room / computer, it always brings in new ideas and clarity.
Today I've given myself the action task of starting to sweep out and clearing the clutter in my life and space, including the following areas:
Computer - organise my files and folders, clear out documents I haven't been using, declutter the items on my desktop, and uninstall applications I barely ever use.
Desk - clear away unused papers & rubbish, organise items and store things that I don't have an immediate need now.
Warbrobe & Rooms - get rid of old clothes I don't wear, and throw out the things I rarely use.
Outdated Stuff - throw away old calendars, newspapers, old textbooks, documents and anything I'm not going to use etc.
“We don’t need to increase our goods nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants. Not wanting something is as good as possessing it.” - Donald Horban

2 comments:

Ross said...

Good idea. I like the way you think. If only other people I know had your attitude.

Kitty said...

Thanks for the encouragement Ross! :)